One of the nice things about being an Official Blogger of the NGS Family History Conference is that I am starting to get their press releases. I got one the other day that I thought would be of interest to my readers.
NGS will be presenting a hands-on research trip to Washington, D.C. From November 3 – 9th. Only a limited number of genealogist will be able to get a spot on this trip, 26 to be exact. Their guides will be Craig Roberts Scott, CG(sm) and Patricia Walls Stamm, CG (sm). The cost of the trip includes:
1. Six days of research at noteworthy facilities within Washington, D.C.
2. Online training and preparation for the trip.
3. Orientation and a dessert get together.
4. Research consultations.
5. Friday evening group meal.
6. Six nights at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn which also includes daily continental breakfast, free Internet in rooms, and parking.
7. Fees and taxes included.
Besides the guides that are mentioned earlier, they will be joined by Shirley Langdon Wilcox, CG (sm), FNGS and Patricia O’Brien Shawker, CG (sm). All are seasoned experts in conducting research in Washington, D.C.
This really sounds like fun and if I wasn’t already registered for the NGS Family History Conference, I would really look into this trip.